Pierluca (Pierluca degli Innocenti) was born in Florence in 1926. In 1948 he registered at the Academy of Fine Arts, and during the same year he received the award of the Ministero della Pubblica Istruzione in Rome.
His first personal exhibition took place in 1951 at the Galleria Numero in Florence. Beginning in 1954, he began the direction of the study for the restoration of the Antiche Vetrate Italiane in Florence, which continued until 1957. From 1955 to 1957 he dedicated himself exclusively to the direction of the restoration and the study of artisan metal work.
Starting in 1958 he dedicated himself completely to sculpture, using metals worked directly over fire. Between 1958 and 1959 he completed murals in metal in collaboration with the architect Leonardo Ricci. In 1960 he moved to Paris where he remained until his death, which occurred on July 26, 1968.